Are you planning to hire an agent? Here’s everything you need to know!
Dean Williamson is the founder of The Factory Of Magic, which is the UK’s only talent agency dedicated to the magical arts. He is also a member of the Magic Circle and performs as a stage mind reader.
In this episode, Dean joins Ashley to share his experiences of running a magicians’ and mentalists’ talent agency.
Do you have any questions about today’s content?
Discussed In This Episode:
- [02:10] Who Is Dean Williamson?
- [04:00] Why Dean Started His Own Agency
- [07:20] Should You Rely Completely On An Agent?
- [11:15] Characteristics Of A Good Agent
- [14:35] Characteristics Of A Bad Agent
- [19:00] Lack Of Transparency In Fees
- [21:20] Caring For Money vs. Caring For Artists
- [25:10] How To Know If You Should Get An Agent
- [28:00] 3 Things You Need Before You Get An Agent
- [35:00] How To Find An Agent
- [41:00] Is Your Agent Open To Conversations?
Where To Find More From Dean Williamson:
Did you enjoy this podcast?
Also, if you could spend just 13 seconds and leave us a review on your preferred platform, we would really appreciate it.
We want to get this information and these episodes into the hands of more magicians and entertainers across the globe so your help and support would mean the world to us.
Share and tag us on Social Media (@TheGigHero) or use the hashtag #thegighero