Diving DEEPER Into Your Relationship With Magic
Nate Staniforth is a magician, performer, artist, writer, magic creator and host of the ‘Everything But The Flame’ podcast.
For over a decade, Nate has toured the US college circuit as one of the busiest working magicians in the country.
He’s given a TEDx Talk, lectured at the world-famous Oxford Union, and in 2018 the Harry Potter-famed Bloomsbury Publishing released Nate’s debut memoir in bookstores worldwide.
Here is Real Magic (an Amazon Best Book of January 2018) follows Nate’s evolution from obsessed wunderkind to disillusioned wanderer, and tells the story of his rediscovery of astonishment—and the importance of wonder in everyday life—during a trip to the India, where he met a 3,000-year-old clan of street magicians.
In this episode, Nate joins Aidan and Ashley to explore the concepts, practices and mindsets that will help you deepen your relationship with your craft and become a better magician in the process.
Do you have any questions about today’s content?
Discussed In This Episode:
- [00:50] Everything But The Flame
- [03:35] Become A Better Magician By Becoming A Better Artist
- [07:30] The Importance Of Having A Big Vision
- [09:00] The Biggest Problem With Magic Performances
- [11:30] The Role Of Passion In Magic
- [13:50] The Role Of Creativity In Magic
- [18:33] The Importance Of Building Creative Practices
- [21:42] Following Passions OUTSIDE Of Magic
- [26:10] The “Magic As A Job” Mindset
- [31:43] The Simplicity Behind Nate’s Performances
- [35:20] Experimenting To Find Your Ideal Vision
- [37:20] Failure As A Growth Tool
- [39:26] A Fail Story From Aidan
- [43:38] How Nate Uses ‘Risk’ As A Challenge
- [46:15] A Final Message From Nate Staniforth
Where To Find More From Nate Staniforth:
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so, we’d love to know!
Head over to your favourite podcast player and spend just 13 seconds and leave us a rating/review!
We want to get this information and these episodes into the hands of more magicians and entertainers across the globe so your help and support would mean the world to us.
Don’t forget to FOLLOW THE SHOW so you never miss any future episodes that we share!
We’re also on Social Media (@TheSuccessfulMentalist) so you can share the show, tag us or use the hashtag #thesuccessfulmentalist