Scott Barry Kaufman is a cognitive scientist and humanistic psychologist exploring the mind, creativity, and the depths of human potential. He has taught courses on intelligence, cognitive science, and creativity at Columbia, Yale, and NYU.
In 2015, he was named one of “50 groundbreaking scientists who are changing the way we see the world” by Business Insider.
Dr. Kaufman also hosts the #1 psychology podcast in the world— The Psychology Podcast— which has received over 17 million downloads and was included in Business Insider’s list of “9 podcasts that will change how you think about human behaviour.”
In this episode, you will join Aidan, Ashley and Scott as they discuss the importance of authenticity and creativity in performance whilst also exploring practical approaches that you can use to actualise your true potential.
Do you have any questions about today’s content?
Discussed In This Episode:
- Who Is Scott Barry Kaufman? [00:41]
- About Scott’s Work? [02:55]
- Scott’s Pivotal Role In Aidan’s Life [04:21]
- Is It Possible For Everyone To Be Creative? [06:08]
- Scott’s Insights On Creativity [08:08]
- ‘The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly’ Of Traditional IQ Tests [09:52]
- Perils Of School Exams As Well As Magic Exams [12:30]
- Being Open To Receiving Feedback [13:39]
- How To Get Out Of Traditional Belief Systems [17:24]
- Correlation Between Authenticity And Creativity [20:40]
- A Quick Guide To Being Authentic [21:08]
- TSM’s Emphasis On Life Vision [23:14]
- Enjoy The Process Of Learning [24:40]
- What Does Ashley Love About Being A Performer? [27:50]
- What Does Aidan Love About Being A Performer? [28:35]
- Intrinsic Motivation [29:42]
- How To Overcome Imposter Syndrome [32:14]
- Life Vision – Is It Static Or Dynamic? [33:29]
- Approach Motivation vs. Avoidance Motivation [35:33]
- ‘Who Am I?’ – Actualizing Your Potential [37:55]
- How To Develop Your Highest Potential [40:20]
- Importance Of Good Quality Relationships [45:00]
- Go Beyond The Tricks And Check Out Scott’s Work [48:50]
Where To Find More From Scott Barry Kaufman:
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so, we’d love to know!
Head over to your favourite podcast player and spend just 13 seconds and leave us a rating/review!
We want to get this information and these episodes into the hands of more magicians and entertainers across the globe so your help and support would mean the world to us.
Don’t forget to FOLLOW THE SHOW so you never miss any future episodes that we share!
We’re also on Social Media (@TheSuccessfulMentalist) so you can share the show, tag us or use the hashtag #thesuccessfulmentalist