Are You Fully Harnessing The Power Of Storytelling?
We can unanimously agree that it takes more than just tricks to make our close-up shows engaging. There are internal and external factors that performers can curate to deliver entertaining and memorable shows.
Storytelling is pivotal in building entertaining shows. Stories are the best tools that can help us in forging a human connection with the audience. When leveraged to its fullest potential, storytelling can transform your close-up acts into highly engaging performance pieces.
In this episode, Aidan and Ashley share their stories about making their close-up shows engaging. Simple and doable techniques to curate great stories and create emotionally charged performances are also discussed.
Do you have any questions about today’s content?
Discussed In This Episode:
- [02:40] Is Your Close-Up Material Engaging?
- [04:20] The Power Of Storytelling
- [06:05] How To Create Emotionally Charged Performances
- [12:00] Importance Of Vocal Training
- [14:35] Maintaining A Story Journal To Curate Great Stories
- [16:30] ‘How’ You Say Is More Important Than ‘What’ You Say
- [18:50] Having An Intrinsic Belief In Your Stories
- [21:50] Finding A Middle Ground To Connect With Audience
- [25:10] Acknowledging And Paying Attention To Spectators
- [27:30] Getting Accurate Feedback To Improve Continuously
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so, we’d love to know!
Head over to your favourite podcast player and spend just 13 seconds and leave us a rating/review!
We want to get this information and these episodes into the hands of more magicians and entertainers across the globe so your help and support would mean the world to us.
Don’t forget to FOLLOW THE SHOW so you never miss any future episodes that we share!
We’re also on Social Media (@TheSuccessfulMentalist) so you can share the show, tag us or use the hashtag #thesuccessfulmentalist